YAPCoid is a simple Android application to display YAPC (Yet Another Perl Conference), OSDC (Open Source Developers Conference) and Perl Workshop events.
at the moment only the list of future/past conferences is displayed with some details. basically, the program is just a fancy frontend to the YAML database of conferences from the yapceurope.org site.
you can filter the list searching for text, conference type and/or continent.
planned for the future are the following features:
- display some nice statistical charts (eg. conferences per year per continent, etc)
- retrieve talks and speakers (+ full text search) for ACT conferences
- eventually integrate with ACT user and display "your" conferences (eg. the ones you attended or are going to attend)
- eventually export conferences and talks to your calendar
code will be open sourced, probably on github.
YAPCoid is in beta stage. Feedback, suggestions and bug reports are more than welcome.
|list of conferences
|details of a conference
I'm not affiliated with YEF, The Perl Foundation or any other Perl institution (except the Perl.it Association, of which I'm a proud member, but does not officially endorse this program).
YAPCoid is provided "as is", no warranty, no support, your own risk etc. etc.
- YAPCoid-debug.apk 711k, updated 2011-04-13
snakeyaml 1.8 is used for reading the YAML database (android-compatible jar kindly provided by maslovalex).
flag images taken from Flagpedia.net.